ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Howard Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:06:08 -0500
At 12:31 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
>I am not sure if this is applicable but we have had this happen on our 251
>usually after disconnecting cables.  It was a poorly seated connector on
>the main data acquisition board.  If you have not done so disconnect and
>reconnect all relevant cables.

That would seem to match the recent swapping of computers and such, but if
it was simply a bad connection, why only lose cup 2? And why would others
report only losing the same thing? I would expect to see random
communication problems if that were the case. EA not starting, losing
vacuum readings, losing different cups, etc. Any ideas on how to check for
this without having to restart things? Is there somewhere to check to see
if a bit got missed in the last exchange of initialization calls?

BTW, thanks for your speedy response. My clock shows that you responded to
my message one minute before I sent it! Ever consider going into customer
service, or pizza delivery?

Howard

Howard Sanford
919-513-3039