ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Henk Coetzee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:47:44 +0200
Hi Alfredo

We have done some preliminary work in this regard, looking at lead in
lichens from Johannesburg and surface sediments from Pretoria. In both
cases, we see a mixing relationship between the petrol ratios and the
radiogenic leads from Witwatersrand gold/uranium mine tailings in
Johannesburg and the less radiogenic lead deposits in the east of
Pretoria. The only publication so far has been at a local public health
conference, but we hope to get some more data in the near future.

Regards

Henk Coetzee
Council for Geoscience, Pretoria, South Africa.