]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ISOGEOCHEM Home

ISOGEOCHEM  March 2015

ISOGEOCHEM March 2015

Re: Power supply - Update and continued problems

"Higgins, Pennilyn" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:28:37 +0000

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for your advice on our strange voltage fluctuations. We have now had the UPS serviced and I did give the source a quick clean. It had only been about 6 months, but we'd been working the instrument hard. It wasn't too awful in there, but cleaning wasn't unwarrented.

Alas, the problem remains. I do need to set myself up with a multimeter to observe if the fluctuations exist places other than in the source (i.e. the other outlets on the mass spectrometer or elsewhere in the lab).

I've posted some screenshots of what I'm observing on my blog at the link below. Maybe there are further suggestions? I've heard more than one person suggest feed-throughs on the source as a potential problem. Could that be it? (If so, does anyone have any instructions or insights on how to repair the feed-throughs?)

http://paleopix.com/blog/2015/03/17/technical-help-needed-irms-instrumental-quandry/

Thanks again,

~Penny

                      Dr. Pennilyn Higgins
                       Research Associate

                            "SIREAL"
  Stable Isotope Ratios in the Environment Analytical Laboratory

        University of Rochester
        227 Hutchison Hall
        Rochester, NY 14627

Office: 209b Hutchison Hall               Lab: 209 Hutchison Hall
Voice : (585) 275-0601              Outer lab: (585) 273-1405
FAX   : (585) 244-5689              Inner lab: (585) 273-1397

          http://www.earth.rochester.edu/SIREAL/index.html