ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Zheng-Hua Li <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:05:01 -0500
Dear Germán,
Have you tried to restart the software? We had some crazy peaks with the NT
system a while ago, I simply turned the software off, then restarted it,
everything was back to the normal. Based on your story described above, it
seems to me that there is nothing to do with  EA and ConFlo. The He flow is
fine, and no CO2, H2O, O2 signal when you inlet N2 means no leakage. So, it
seems the problem comes either from the MS or the computer. Since you still
can get the peaks (no matter how crazy they are!), that means the filament is
good. If the RESTART doesn’t work, I might need to blame the MS. Go ahead shut
off the SGE valve to see what will happen. If the problem still shows up, Then
the MS is wrong.

Please let us know if you are still crazy!

Hope it helps,

Good luck,

Zheng-Hua

Zheng-Hua Li
306 G&G Building
Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 865-974-9622
Fax: 865-974-2368