ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Sergey Assonov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:23:33 +0200
Dear Carsten,

just a question - could it be a higher rank or could you have other job
openings in near future?

Few words about me  Russian, PhD in isotopic geochemistry, presently
works in the group of Carl Brenninkmeijer, at the Air Chemistry
Department, the Max-Planck-Institute for Chemistry, Mainz, Germany. Here
I have taken part in several projects, some of them are as following:
high-accuracy CO2 isotopic analyses of tropospheric air samples (the
aircraft project CARIBIC), development of new method for 17O analysis in
stratospheric CO2, analyses of CO2 and CO in Antarctic firn aimed to
reconstruct CO trend in SH (the EU project CRYOSTAT), investigation of
non-methane hydrocarbons extracted from air samples with the aim of
their future isotope analyses. Besides, I have taken part in two other
international ecological projects, namely studies of methane emissions
from Russian wetlands and methane leakages from gas-transporting
pipelines in Russia. A lot of other analytical/instrumental experience.

Presently I am looking for a job with modern analytical instruments,
aimed monitoring and environment studies, developing new analytical
methods as well as performing automation of analytical instruments. Your
Black See project looks exciting.

Best regards,

Sergey Assonov

Dr. S. S. Assonov,