ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:23:50 -0500
Research Assistant, Department of Archaeological Sciences, University of Bradford.

We are seeking to appoint a fixed term (2 year) research assistant to assist on a Leverhulme Trust funded project, The Ancient Human Occupation of Britain (AHOB).  The project involves the isotopic analysis (C, N, O and S) of mammal bone and teeth from a range of sites and time periods in Britain.   The Research assistant will work primarily under the direction of Dr. Michael Richards at the Department of Archaeological Sciences, University of Bradford.

The research assistant will be involved with the collection and preparation of samples, will produce the isotope data using stable isotope mass spectrometers that are based in the department (one ThermoFinnigan Delta Plus XL and two Europa 20/20's), and manage a database of the results.

We are seeking an applicant with the relevant laboratory experience, as well as a good working knowledge of stable isotope mass spectrometry.  Experience working with archaeological and/or palaeontological material, including fossil mammals, would be an advantage.  We are seeking a person with at least a Master’s, and preferably a Ph.D. degree in a relevant subject.

The appointment will be on the research scale Grade IA, point 9 (£23,296 per annum). The post is fixed term for two years, with no opportunity for renewal.

For further details of the post and details of how to apply please see:

http://www.brad.ac.uk/admin/personnel/jobvacancies/external/research.htm

(Click on job reference RAR2316)

For further information please contact Mike Richards at [log in to unmask]

Closing date: Friday, March 27th 2004.

For further details of the AHOB project please see:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/ahob/index.html

And for further information about the research group at Bradford please see:

http://www.staff.brad.ac.uk/mprichar/PRGMain.html

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.