IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Max Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:52:47 -0500
Chip Sawyer wrote:
>  It has been explained to me that a router running encryption is more likely to conk out of supporting the working IPs now and then
My two cents... I have a WRT54G and it experienced the same disconnect
problem, when I didn't have any security settings enabled, period. Would
disconnect multiple times a day and all I (or linksys support for that
matter) could figure out to fix it was unplug router and modem and
reset. Sometimes only my web access would go down, IM and bittorrent
would still be working, sometimes it would all go down. A month or two
ago the disconnect problem seemed to vanish although it happens now and
then (talking every few weeks now). If I had known that I could reset
the router just by "saving settings" I could have saved myself many a
trip into my roommates stinky bedroom to unplug the thing and that would
have been nice.
Mr. Chris Moran- I am down, let's start a WRT54G frisbee golf league!
This thing is a POS! If I ever run into the guy from staples who told me
that "all routers are the same" I am giving him the business.

Max Krauss
OIE