IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Rohr, Rob" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:40:58 -0500
I agree with Mike,

Figure out EXACTLY what it is you want your server to do for you and
EXACTLY what support skill sets are available to you before deciding
what OS or even machine will work best for you.  I like Microsoft.  I
like Novell.  I like Linux.  I would use each of them in different
situations to solve different tasks.

By the way, did I mention I like Microsoft?

Rob

Rob Rohr     mailto:[log in to unmask]
UVM - School of Business Administration
http://bsad.uvm.edu/personnel.asp?name=rohr