IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:16:51 -0500
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Corey Gilmore wrote:

> Is the university going to upgrade their CRT license to a SecureCRT
> license?  I've found SecureCRT to be one of the more robust clients
> available.  ssh.com has a fairly good client that is free for
> university use, which might fit the budget a little better...

We already have ssh.com's client available at ftp.uvm.edu:/pub/ssh/

I actually prefer ssh.com's client to SecureCRT's client, plus it's free.
The sftp interface is really nice.

We're in the process of making SSH recommendations in the standards
process.

> Mindterm <http://www.mindbright.se/mindterm/> is also free, and written in
> Java (take that as you will).

We're also actively evaluating Mindterm's web applets, for those who might
be away from their "normal" computer, and still need ssh access to UVM
machines.

mga.