IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Alison Pechenick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:03:21 -0500
Hi Stef et al,

/* Point A */

This section should be proofed:

"The flaw’s existence become public knowledge only a week ago, but the
its potential impact is so significant that it gained significant public
press (VPR/NPR on Friday, 30 December, for example) and technical
discussion. "

1.  Change "become" to "became".
2.  Remove either "the" or "its" in the second sentence.
3.  Friendly amendments:

a.  Use another word in place of one of the "significant"s (e.g.,
"substantial").
b.  Replace "gained" with "attracted" or "garnered".

/* Point B */

Are "all versions of Windows" really affected?  One of the technical
reports I read asserts that only the most recent platforms are at risk.
  (I can't find the reference at the moment, but W98 was definitely one
of those excluded.)

Thanks for your efforts, as usual!

Best wishes,

Alison