IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Stefanie Ploof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:34:22 -0500
There's nothing wrong with having a CS degree, but there's nothing wrong
with -not- having one, either.  I think it was short sighted of The
Chronicle to use college degrees relating to gender as the basis for their
information, and completely appropriate for "[s]ome women who have been
successful in computer science" to call the Chronicle findings nonsense.
No need to divide humans any further than we already choose to divide
ourselves.