IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2020

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Greg Kuchyt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 16:24:13 +0000
The certificate that backs the authentication backend for 802.1x wireless networks at UVM (radius.uvm.edu) is set to expire on the 5th. This backend is what serves authentication for the UVM SSID and UVM affiliates who connect to eduRoam (regardless of geographical location) To avoid a support crisis over a weekend, I'm going to promote the new certificate tomorrow morning around 0800. I will update this posting once this has been done.

This will most likely result in the client being required to accept/review the certificate when they re-connect.

The Tech Team has drawn up a KB article for troubleshooting issues with this.

https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/radius-uvm-edu-certificate-renewal-uvm-wireless/