IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Duke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:46:46 -0500
Hi, folks,

Just an fyi regarding some behavior I'm seeing in Thunderbird 1.5 for
Win32. I've configured the UVM Directory under the global addressing
options(1) with the standard settings (2). However, as I compose an
email and enter a recipient, Thunderbird doesn't present matches from a
directory lookup. I can search the directory successfully directly.

If I go to the Account Settings for my account, and select the UVM
Directory explicitly(3), instead of using the global preference, address
lookups during composition functions as expected. If a set it back to
'Use my global LDAP server... ,' addressing stops working again.

Just a heads up.

--
Geoff

(1) Tools menu -> Options ->Compostion, Addressing tab
(2) Name: UVM Directory, host: ldap.uvm.edu,  Base DN:dc=uvm,dc=edu
(3) Tools menu -> Account Settings -> Composition & Addressing:
     When looking up addresses: Use a different LDAP server: UVM Directory