IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Hope Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:54:45 -0500
Nick Ogrizovich wrote:
> More to the point? How about we just say it like it is.

I'd second Nick's general idea of framing this from the client's point
of view. Given the prevalence of this type of warning and our experience
with how consistently such warnings are ignored, I can imagine many
people asking "why should I pay attention to this one especially?"

Perhaps an opening sentence like "the latest Window's vulnerability
appears to be particularly dangerous. This is definitely one to protect
your computer against..."
followed by Jonathan's list of what to do and descriptive info.

- Hope