IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Chris Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:35:12 -0500
Quoting Francis Swasey <[log in to unmask]>:

> Yeah... but it's the wrong end of the city :(  I live on the wrong
> side of Main street...

Yeah... I hated that too, but they needed to make sure it started in a
location more relative to their location and where there was certainly
more $$$ people are willing to "rick" on a new service.
Their prices rock... and I hope no one missed the coolest part...
SYNCHRONOUS dsl.
I am/was on a focus group. I can proudly say I encouraged lowering the
lowest tier (256k/256k) broadband price. I thought even lower than the
$10, but thiat's pretty good.. lower than most dialup and at least 5
times faster. (and in the end, cheaper, since you don't need unlimited
local calling or to use metered local.) Me, I'm really looking forward
to the 5M/5M...whew! (and I'm sure I'll have my router issues solved by
then ;) )

Their Cable packages are better too... and with the recent challenges
to ala-carte cable options, it could get even cooler.

Chris
--
Chris [log in to unmask]"no comment"
________a.a.#707________WWRD - What Would Rob Do?______|              ,