IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Chris Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:59:07 -0500
Quoting Geoffrey Duke <[log in to unmask]>:
> Microsoft Wins, Open Standards Lose

I'd say let's hope there's a lesson there for UVM IT people, but since we are
still M$ (software) lapdogs here... I don't see it mattering much.

I'd be interested in knowing how many of the IT staff are using OpenOffice.
I chose to not install M$ Office on my newest machine at all.. so it's
just OOo
and with only a very few exceptions, I'm not looking back.

I would, however, take the software monopoly over the HARDWARE monopoly. Ahem.

Chris
--
Chris [log in to unmask]"no comment"
________a.a.#707________WWRD - What Would Rob Do?______|              ,