IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Lynne Meeks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:37:57 -0500
The  Earthlink  '@UVM' login configuration is currently  experiencing routing
problems:

We have received several reports over the past few days of UVM affiliates having
trouble with their Earthlink accounts.  There was a widespread problem last
Tuesday  (3/6)  which affected most local Earthlink customers.  This has been
resolved.

However, apparently there has been an ongoing problem affecting UVM affiliates
logging in with the 'loginame@uvm' configuration.  The symptom is that you can
log in to your Earthlink account successfully but you cannot connect to anything
on the Internet.

Network staff at Earthlink have been notified and are working to resolve the
problem. I will post to these groups when the situation has been resolved.

In the meantime, logins using the [log in to unmask] login configuration are
working.

Lynne