IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Michael Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:21:42 -0500
Perhaps there is a need for ways or a process for everyone to learn what
is now available and appropriate for  their situation. This may be a
task for the communication committee. How can we better communicate or
make available information of what already exists. Do we have a
university wide map of all the servers and operating systems in use and
do we have a way of evaluating their performance, or comparing their
performance?  How about using the Persius polling software to shed more
light on this?
Michael