IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Scott Dellinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:07:15 -0500
The webmail upgrade (bugfixes and dial-up speed improvements, not UI
changes or new features) that was originally scheduled for December
20 will be taking place Tuesday morning at 6:00am.  If you haven't
taken the chance to play with it and look for problems, you can find
the test copy at https://webmail.uvm.edu/horde-test .  During the
upgrade, webmail may be unavailable for a few seconds, but no more.
If something goes wonky, switching back (temporarily, as there are
security fixes in the new release) would likewise take only a few
seconds.  I'm not entirely sure what would happen to users with
sessions active during the upgrade, but I'm fairly certain that they
wouldn't notice that anything had happened at all.  Worst case,
closing and reopening the browser should fix anything that crops up.

--
Scott Dellinger
TSG