IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Chris Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:37:21 -0500
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Mike Austin wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Chris Moran wrote:
> > It did take well over 6 months to have zoo running PHP4 didn't it? :)
> Who asked for it?  One of our web people mentioned that they'd like to
> play with it once or twice, but I don't remember ever hearing a "customer"
> ask for it.  If they had, I'd have bumped it up on my priority list.  From
> those I talked with, php3 was meeting their needs.

I'm not complaining... but that's because we had it running on our
servers.. even it it didn't make a difference. The point was that we
didn't need to ask for it. Sometime the "client" doesn't know what they
need until they know it. :)
I understand now (and always have) that CIT wants pretty much as much
cerntalization of computing on campus, but I think more people want more
control or at least the appearance of more control. We still don't have
all we want with our own servers(like tertiary domains), but it's closer.

I'm not trying to be a pain...
Chris
 |                  WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                   |
 |    Chris Moran         a.a.#707        [log in to unmask]    |
 |DMDL Computer Lab Coordinator   Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Distance Learning Network   802.656.0358     Lafayette 407|