IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Alison Pechenick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:19:03 -0500
Hello all,

I am getting the following error immediately upon opening the Netscape
4.73 executable on Windows 98:

Error:  Temporary directory C: does not exist. Please enter a new
directory in the preferences box.

This is a clean install of the program.  It was happening before, so I
uninstalled the program and deleted the default user directory.

I have looked at every preference setting and at the prefs and liprefs
files.  There is no reference anywhere to a temporary directory.

The netscape.ini file in C:\Windows is completely empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alison