IT-DISCUSS Archives

March 2001

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Chris Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:59:28 -0500
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Mike Austin wrote:
> > First on the Xwin for MAC... has anyone tried VNC on the MAC. I've never
> > tried it, not having regular use of a MAC, but I use it to connect to a
> > Mandrake Linux system and It perfoms nicely. And it's free. "Zoo" would
> > jsut need vncserver installed
> VNC has had several major security holes in recent history, and continues
> to be considered a "problem application" by many security experts because
> of it's weak authentication scheme.  Probably not something we want to
> install on Zoo since we have good alternative X options.

Thanks. I was not aware of that. Hmmm..... it's a worthwhile project,
considering the extortion like prices other X clients seem to cost, I
wonder if anything server side could be done... (just wondering to myself
out loud)

Chris
 |                  WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                   |
 |    Chris Moran         a.a.#707        [log in to unmask]    |
 |DMDL Computer Lab Coordinator   Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Distance Learning Network   802.656.0358     Lafayette 407|