IT-DISCUSS Archives

September 2015

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Helen Read <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:02:32 -0400
I have students who work as graders, and I send them batches of files
for grading using the UVM filetransfer. I never receive email
notification that they have picked up the files, and if I log in and
look at the details for the shared files, it says "Not downloaded yet"
despite the fact that they have in fact downloaded them.

I reported this issue last spring and there was no resolution, and it
has reared its head again now that classes are in full swing again. I do
get the email pickup notices for some file transfers, but I never get
them from my graders.

Update: I just now looked in the details of my Sent Files on the
filetransfer page for some other shares besides the ones that I sent to
my graders, and found some with a pickup date/time, and other shares
that say "Not downloaded yet" that I think were actually downloaded.

It looks like I get pickup notices (by email and under the details of
the share on the filetransfer page) when I share a single file, but not
if I share multiple files at once.

Is this just me, or does this happen to other people? Is there any way
to fix?

--
Helen Read
Senior Lecturer