IT-DISCUSS Archives

January 2006

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:33:57 -0500
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Geoff Duke wrote:

> Of course, enterprising students always have the option of installing
> Linux. But would there be any advantage to offering a "supported" Linux
> OS option?
>
> If not, is there enough community interest that we can plan an install fest?

If you are interestd in Linux and FOSS in general, I recommend subscribing
to the VAGUE email list, [log in to unmask]  VAGUE stands for Vermont
Area Group of Unix Enthusiasts, http://www.uvm.org/vague/.  They are
basically a Linux user group.

They have monthly meetings here at UVM, and are talking about having an
install fest.

mga.