MEDLIB-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Julie Stielstra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Stielstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:02:35 PST
We have a very low-tech, small-scale approach - which works in our small
10-computer setting.  We open Netscape and then go to the History
screen.  Select all, and delete.  All previous visits gone!
We also set our workstations to automatically clear the history after 2
days - not that this couldn't be changes by someone who really wanted
to.  We also have the Bookmarks set to "read only" (again,which could be
changed by a computer-savvy person) so that any bookmarks someone tries
to set will be wiped out as soon as Netscape is closed.

Julie Stielstra MLS                      ph 708-763-6472
Director of Library Services             fx 708-383-8783
West Suburban Hospital Medical Center
Oak Park, IL 60302
[log in to unmask] - personal replies; this one doesn't do listservs!