MEDLIB-L Archives

April 2020, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
DeweyDecimal 13501 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DeweyDecimal 13501 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 14:01:22 -0400
Hello Medlibbers,

I can't believe its been a month since Library Staff were classified as
non-essential (non-working.)    I first want to offer thanks and
appreciation again all of people here who have been so helpful to me when I
reached out for help with ref questions or needed additional resources  -
you know who you are!!!

With financial loses growing with the lack of elective surgery, etc.,  our
health system has decided on a plan of furloughing employees and
other methods to help cope with the financial losses until we are allowed
to do selective surgery again.  Last Friday,  I was called by my VP and
told I could come back PT (3 days a week to re-open Library Services.  I
will now be covering both campuses.  Unfortunately, the rest of my staff
will be furloughed until August 13 along with many other staff.  I'm
happy I am returning to work  but iit is  with a very bittersweet feeling
knowing so many other people are now being furloughed.  i am looking
forward to building upi library services back up again   So any ideas you
have or have implemented would be appreciated.  Please contact me
separately.

If you have removed us from  your cells, please add us back.  I will be
filling the days I am here. I will update Docline with new information.

*DOCLINE & OCLC*:
NYUZTE/NYUZUQ:  Only electronic journals.
NYUZTB  Closed until August 13
 OCLC :- ZTE  Only electronic journals.

I will be at the SEMC Library 4/23 and 4/24.  The schedule below starts
next week.

*Library Schedule*: (starting 4/27/20)
St. Elizabeth Medical Center:                          Monday & Friday
8:00 a.m.-5 :00 p.m.
Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare (St. Luke's Campus):  -  Wednesday - 8:00
a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Any schedule changes will be announced and posted in the libraries.

Thank-you,
Halyna

Contact:
Halyna Lisczynskyj, MLS