MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Nichols William F Civ 96 MSGS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nichols William F Civ 96 MSGS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 14:21:50 -0500
After reading the first thought that came to mind was
the old joke about they man who reported his tax
return to the Postal Service as a violation of the laws
regarding unsolicited mail that was provocative &
arousing.  He said that he certainly had not requested
it, & that upon receiving it he was both provoked *&*
aroused. :)

Among other things I found amusing regarding the article's
inaccuracy & poor scholarship was that not only did Mr.
Smith not use a current dictionary, he didn't even cite
which edition of the AHD he was citing.  Perhaps had Mr.
Smith had access to a decent corporate library instead of
an obviously inadequately funded small public one, his
magnum opus might have turned out better....

Bill "Well, you asked!" Nichols
Eglin AFB, FL