MEDLIB-L Archives

July 1994, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 14:53:47 GMT
Has anyone looked into the copyright issues associated with full-text
journals on cd-rom?  We are considering getting Ped Infect Dis J on cd-rom
from AMA but do not own the hard copy.  We will probably also start
subscribing to the hardcopy but won't have back issues.

Can we provide ILL from the cd-rom?  What's fair use if the cd-rom is on a
LAN and available to thousands?  How do we indicate we own the journal but
in cd-rom format on a local holdings list?  What about on DOCLINE--is there
a cd-rom format just like the microform format?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Elizabeth Richards