MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Auburn Steward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Auburn Steward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:09:58 -0600
I have the following article in my hands

Pennington, J. A. Aluminium content of foods and diets. Food Addit
Contam. 1988 Apr-1988 Jun 30; 5(2):161-232.

The PubMed citation (above) shows 1988 as the publication date which
corresponds to volume 5 since volume 1 was published in 1984 and current
issues for 2003 are numbered as volume 20.  The article itself says 5(2)
1987.  So which date is correct?  Is PubMed correct or the journal page
itself?  We have all seen misnumbered or misdated issues of journals and
we also know that there are mistakes in PubMed.

So if anyone has access to the actual volume that this came out of, I
would like to know if it really was published in 1987, or if the issue
has the wrong year on it.  If the date is wrong in PubMed, it should be
corrected.  If it is a problem with the journal issue, it will remain a
problem!

I need an answer so we can cite it correctly in a report.  Details,
details, details......

Thanks in advance for your help.

Auburn

Auburn Steward, MLIS, AHIP
Center for Toxicology & Environmental Health
Library
615 W. Markham St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-614-2834