MEDLIB-L Archives

July 1994, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Suzanne Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 15:51:04 -0400
We are looking for the name of the manufacturer of etheron,
a sponge breast implant used in the 1960s. I posted this question
earlier this month but haven't received any good leads so thought
I would try again. I've talked with FDA (they did not require reg-
istration of companies at that time, have searched DIALOG,includ-
ing Medline, LEXIS/NEXIS, talked with the American Society of Re-
constructive & Plastic Surgeons, searched NLM , and spoken with the
Dow Corning Breast Implant Hotline.Old Medical Device Registers
don't have the answer either. We'll appreciate any help very much.
Please reply to [log in to unmask] Thanks!