MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Valerie Rankow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Rankow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:11:15 -0400
Dear Medlibbers,

You can find information about this new email worm, on
Symantec's Norton antivirus website:

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

If you use Norton Antivirus, the May 9th virus update definitions will protect
you. Later today, I will find more information.

Please remember that the MEDLIB-L Guidelines do not permit posts of virus or
other threats from subscribers. However, the last time I posted that caveat,
several subscribers indicated they get their best info on such subjects from
MEDLIB. <blush>

Therefore, I have changed the MEDLIB policy on virus threats and information:

Please send any "warnings" you read about virus threats to me. I will VERIFY
them, and post the information myself. Subscribers must not post virus warnings
to the list, themselves.

Vigilantly,
Valerie
MEDLIB-L Coordinator and ListMom

MEDLIB-L Guidelines: http://www.mlanet.org/discussion/medlib_l_faq.html

Valerie G. Rankow, MLS, AIIP
Professional Information Services
Research, Writing & Consultation
What do you want to know? Just ask...
Medical Library
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
Patchogue, New York 11772
Voice (631) 654-7774   Fax (631) 447-3723