MEDLIB-L Archives

February 1998, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:56:07 -0500
Hello Judy Levine,

pleasesee pp. 13-15 of the January 1998 issue of the
Canadian Family Physician for a definition and
discussion (editorials) of the process for this
journal's peer review process. Alternatively see:

http://www.cfpc.ca/callfor.htm

regards,

Anita Lambert-Lanning MLS
Department of Family & Community Medicine
750 Dundas Street West
Research Library/Learning Centre (2nd floor)
Toronto, Ontario M6J 3S3
416 603 5306 phone
416 603 5821 fax
http://dfcm18.med.utoronto.ca/anthes/hpgdfcm1.htm
http://dfcm18.med.utoronto.ca/wrkshp3/anita3.htm
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:20:48 -0500 Judy Levine wrote:

> From: Judy Levine <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:20:48 -0500
> Subject: Definition of "Peer Review"
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello Medlibbers,
> If anyone has come across a definition of "peer
review" as it
> applies to journals (refereed serials), I would very
much
> appreciate if you would share it with me.  I know what
it
> means, but I need a written definition.  Bowker's
Medical and
> Helath Care Books & Serials in Print (1996) has a
definition
> under the heading "Refereed Serial" on p. xiii, but it
does not
> describe the process, which is what I am looking for.
> Please email to me directly and if there is interest,
I will
> share with the list.
> Thanks
>
> Judy Levine, Librarian
> Ottawa General Hospital Library
> 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa ON   Canada   K1H 8L6
> (613) 737-8530   Fax (613) 737-8521
> [log in to unmask]     http://www.ogh.on.ca
Anita Lambert-Lanning MLS