MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jo-Anne Aspri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jo-Anne Aspri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:01:20 -0500
Medlibbers,
I thought this would be easy, but the answer is eluding me.

We are looking for a symbol or icon-- internationally/universally
recognized if there is one, to convey the idea "sign language spoken here".
Something along the lines of restroom or stop signs, for example. There are
so many great deaf/sign language or translation service websites, as one
would expect, but I am coming up empty! Hmm I do not see such a sign on any
of these websites-can it mean there IS no such thing?! Hard to believe.

TIA,
Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne M. Aspri, MLS
Director, Library Services