MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jane Thomsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Thomsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:38:40 +1200
Hello Hospital Librarians

Our hospital is looking at setting up an Education Committee - the initial plan was to focus on medical education, but it may encompass nursing and allied health as well.  We are also currently reviewing the Library Committee Terms of Reference.  This has brought up the following questions:

Do other hospitals use Education Committees as Library Committees?
Is there any benefit in doing so?
If a hospital has both Committees, do some of the Terms of Reference overlap?
As some of the members are likely to be on both Committees, how do they fit both meetings into their frantic schedules?

We are at the information gathering stage only at the moment, but any feedback would be appreciated.  Please respond directly to me - I will summarize for the list.  I used this listserv quite often several years ago when I was a Medical Librarian in a Nevada hospital - but am sure that any feedback will be pertinent to New Zealand as well!

Jane Thomsen
Manager, Library & Learning Centre
Hutt Valley District Health Board
High Street, Private Bag 31-907