MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2019, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Samuel Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samuel Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:06:12 -0400
Good Day,

Our university’s basic sciences program requires  all students to complete
a literature review prior to their clinical rotations at various hospitals
in the U.S.   Often students are interested in furthering their research
paper by publishing it as a review article.  Given our students are only
two years into  their  medical education when they complete the literature
reviews, many are not qualified for publishing in major medical journals,
however, there are some who submit excellent literature reviews.  My
question is (for those who may have knowledge), have you any experiences
with instructing students who wish to publish a literature review, and if
so please contact me offline with any suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Regards

Samuel L. Johnson

Library Director/Associate Professor