MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Rennie, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rennie, Margaret
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:11:50 -0500
Call them? You have more faith in human nature than I do. *smile* When I
tried to find out how to get such access I was informed that I needed an
Institutional license costing a lot more than I am paying for the hard
copy... and when I tried to find a cheaper method I was told in no uncertain
terms that it would not be acceptable for me to purchase a personal copy of
the thing, though online access is provided FREE for such a subscriber. I
was also told by another librarian that online access for institutions
expressly forbids Interlibrary Loans.... Anyone heard anything different?

Margaret

Margaret Rennie
Medical Librarian
Slidell Memorial Hospital and Medical Center
1001 Gause Boulevard
Slidell LA 70458

Phone: (504) 649-8557
Fax:     (504) 649-8657
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                "A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear
conscience." (Doug Larson)