MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Terry, Roseanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry, Roseanne
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:49:28 -0500
I beg to differ -- inserting an apostrophe is an intentional action, which
demonstrates that the typist meant to put it there, as opposed to a "typo"
which is putting one's fingers on the wrong key.  Unfortunately, spelling
and grammatical errors do detract from the message, and call into question
the writer's grasp of intellectual issues.  Form and content, content and
form -- any good writer knows this potent combination.  And yes, one does
expect more from a Ph.D., particularly if they are going to set themselves
up as an authority.  I have to agree with the original lamenter -- sigh....