MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Yared <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Yared <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:11:13 -0800
it is like the wheelchair sign, but with two hands
with the thumbs and one fingers together on each
hands.
The other is showing a TTY/TTD machine.

I think a picture is at http://www.deaflibrary.org/

Or ask the RI School for the Deaf at
http://www.rideaf.net/front/front.htm

Mike Yared

<<From: "Jo-Anne Aspri" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Sign language symbol?

Medlibbers,
I thought this would be easy, but the answer is
eluding me. We are looking for a symbol or icon--
internationally/universally recognized if there is
one, to convey the idea "sign language spoken
here". Something along the lines of restroom or stop
signs, for example. There are so many great deaf/sign
language or translation service websites, as
one would expect, but I am coming up empty! Hmm I do
not see such a sign on any of these websites-can it
mean there IS no such thing?! Hard to believe.

TIA,
Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne M. Aspri, MLS
Director, Library Services