MEDLIB-L Archives

June 2008, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Durec, Tamara" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Durec, Tamara
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:02:30 -0600
**please excuse cross posting**

Hello,

I'm sure this work has already been done is great detail...

I have been asked to do a literature search on "the effects of handheld
video games on adolescents" for a staff member of the adolescent psych
care team. Without saying so, I'm sure the root of the question is
whether or not to ban handhelds (and games) for these adolescent
patients - probably based on the violence component present in so many
of the games.

TIA,
Tamara

		Tamara Durec, BSc (Pharm), MLIS

		Librarian
		Capital Health Regional Library Services
		Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
		10230 - 111 Avenue
		Rm 0613
		Edmonton, AB T5G 0B7

		tel: (780) 735-8219
		cell: (780)-940-1724
		fax: (780) 735-8863

		www.capitalhealth.ca

		This communication is intended for the use of the
recipient to which it
		is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal,
and or privileged
		information. Please contact us immediately if you are
not the intended
		recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
distribute, or take action
		relying on it. Any communication received in error, or
subsequent reply,
		should be deleted or destroyed.