MEDLIB-L Archives

April 2020, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Olson, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olson, Paula
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:08:08 +0000
I was asked to provide a summary of responses to my question: Hospital libraries serving 2 campuses (total 500 beds), with identical holdings.  On campus access to our stuff is easy peasy.  Off site is a bit trickier.  We encourage users to go through Citrix to get into the network which is usually successful.  We also offer access via OpenAthens, which half the time doesn’t work.  Neither Citrix nor OpenAthens plays nicely with tablets or smartphones.

What all do you do for remote access?  If using a third part, do you maintain your own links, or does the vendor do this?

1.        Used to use EZProxy which was great.  VP made us switch to OpenAthens.  I refer all complaints to the VP.

2.       OpenAthens

3.       OpenAthens via TD Net

4.       TD Net via OVID Discovery tool

5.       Plain old Citrix

We have about 100 users signed up via OpenAthens.  Usage stats are extremely low and don’t justify the time or pay to redo our OA site since NONE of the links work.  My decision is to not renew the contract when it is up and make staff go through Citrix.

Paula Olson, M.S.
Manager, Regional Library Services
Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital
300 Randall Rd.
Geneva, IL 60134
630.208.4299 office
nm.org<http://www.nm.org/>

​

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute proprietary or non-public information under international, federal, or state laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail.