MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Dayton Lab <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 06:23:06 -0400
Couldn't get through cyberspace last night to your Doc Friend so forward
this info! There is a book called the Biochemist's Songbook with
melodies to chlorophyll, pentose shunts, you name it! Trouble is the
melodies are to British tunes of byegone days! I heard there is a audio
tape to accompany it.

Secondly I saw a book mentioned in a 1970's BMJ Book Reviwer or Notice
of Publication which dealt with Songs from the Anatomy Lab of Fifty
Years ago XXXXXX ( Irish,Scotch or British). It was privately printed
with a press run of 200 copies (2 are on this side of the Atlantic both
in the Boston area).

Then there is my book Mnemonics for Anatomy hmmm is this fellow over 21!
I'm about to require an AdultCheck number prior to sales! This book is
banned at University of Illinois Bookstore and all of University of
Iowa! Iowa City. You ain't lived till you've been on the list. The
forthcoming edition will require a signed affidavit attesting age! But
that's a year away.

I once saw a book entitled Anatomic Mnemonics Obscene Raucous and
Immoral (or something like that) in a bookseller catalog. It's become
my  Holy Grail! I've searched the better part of my life without
success!

So hope this gets the group "a - thinkin!"

David Gerrick
Dayton Lab