MEDLIB-L Archives

March 1996, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Marian Frear <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 09:25:36 -0800
I found that our pens stopped walking when I taped "Library Use Only"
stickers around them.  It serves as a reminder to anybody who
(accidentally, of course) pockets one of them.  As for pencils, you can
buy those little "library" pencils for really minimal prices from most
library suppliers.  Being short and eraserless and somewhat annoying to
use, they are far less likely to walk.

BTW, perhaps the drug company logos on the pens, pads, etc. actually
encourage people to make off with them, since they are obviously
freebies.  Just a thought.

Marian Frear, MLS
National College of Naturopathic Medicine Library
11231 SE Market St.
Portland, OR 97216
(503) 255-4860