MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Linda Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:56:56 EDT
I agree with Amrita about the demise of advanced search capabilities.  It
seems to me that NLM is so anxious to appeal to the end user that they are
prepared to sacrifice the tools that professionals need to enable us to do
their behavior suggests otherwise.  I can understand if Elhill is too old and
clunky to keep up, but they shouldn't get rid of it without replacing all of
its capabilities, not just the ones the public at large are likely to use.

Linda Morgan, MLS
ACCMA Library
Oakland, CA