MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2019, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
NorCal TechProcess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NorCal TechProcess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 13:37:54 -0800
 Please excuse cross-postings

Hello!
We are pleased to announce that the next Annual Meeting of the Northern
California Technical Processes Group (NCTPG) will take place in San
Francisco on *Friday, May 8, 2020*.

Our 83rd annual meeting theme is "Open in Technical Services"

For 2020, we will have two options for presenting. Full presentations are
usually 20-30 minutes with additional participation in a panel discussion.
Or participants can do a 5 minute lightning round talk on a project or idea
that fits the theme.

At this event, we expect to have a broad representation of types of
libraries (public, academic, special) and a diverse representation of roles
within and around technical services.  This half-day event will be held in
*Koret Auditorium at San Francisco Public Library*, with optional afternoon
tours of related interest nearby.

Possible topics related to the theme include:

   - How Open Access resources are organized and maintained in your library
   system.
   - Ebook package management
   - Managing vendor relationships in the digital landscape
   - Digital repository management
   - Accessing, cataloging and maintaining free and open resources on the
   web
   - Maximizing library resources on a tightening budget
   - Textbook management and Open Educational Resources

Please submit your proposal to the NCTPG steering committee with the
subject “2020 Call for Presentations” at [log in to unmask]

Deadline for submission: *Friday, January 3rd, 2020. *

Regards,
Swetta Abeyta
Chair, NCTPG