MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
MICHELYNN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MICHELYNN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 08:54:02 -0500
"No, it doesn't mention librarians or their services specifically,
but with any luck CEO's will read between the lines."

Why be so passive and rely on luck?  Why expect a CEO to
think of librarians immediately?  Why keep what we do so
well a secret and resent those who don't know it.  It
would be simple enough to attach a post-it to the article
(with a library logo, of course) that says "Your professional
librarian can do this!"

If we don't proclaim what we do best, no one else will!

Michelynn McKnight
Norman Regional Hospital Health Sciences Library