MEDLIB-L Archives

March 2010, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Lewis, Beth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lewis, Beth
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:49:56 -0400
Dear List,

I am trying to establish a career ladder here at Fox Chase for the
professional librarians.  I have been looking in the literature and can
find very little, although there seems to be material on career ladders
for paraprofessionals.  I would like to have at least one level between
"entry level" professional and Director of Library Services. I would be
interested to see job descriptions, salary info ,and if there are
institutions who have established levels of librarians. I would like to
hear from you who have something I place and would be willing to
summarize for the list.

Beth

Beth A. Lewis, M.L.S.

Director of Library Services