MEDLIB-L Archives

March 2010, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Gacki, Margie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gacki, Margie
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:07:29 -0400
Hello everyone,

I need to ask for help from my esteemed colleagues who are much wiser than I.  I do not have access to an APA Style Manual and I don't have a lot of writing experience so I'm hoping someone can help me with two questions.  My patron has two references and needs to know the proper way to cite them.  I tried to find out online, hoping to find a "suggested citation" for these but I had no success.  The two references are:

1. Joint Commission Accreditation Manual for Hospitals 2010

2. CDC - Guideline for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities, 2003
Recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC).
(Part II of this was originally published in MMWR 2003; 52 (No. RR-10): 1-48, but I couldn't find any reference to Part I)

His second question is "if one is citing different pages for the second reference is one to list each one separately with either the page number or the table?"

Can anyone help with these questions?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!

Margie Gacki
Medical Librarian
Western Maryland Health System
Cumberland, MD