MEDLIB-L Archives

March 1996, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Nicola J Cecchino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 21:22:26 -0500
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Vislava Tylman wrote:

> Yes, it helps (to have pens attached), we use them. The base and the chain
> is usually left with us, pens walk away from time to time. We have more
> problems with pencils, staplers, etc.

I misinterpretted the string, as you folks have noticed from my previous
comments.  I know how it is from both points of view, being a patron, and
a library worker.

Since I am a new comer to the field, what have librarians thought of a pen
& pencil dispenser?  Is this practical, or not?  This way, if patrons pay
for them, they will be less likely to lose them, and library will not have
to actually spend money on items like that, and may even make a small
small profit (I am not sure of this).  In addition, the library will not
have to be a supplier of items like this.