MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Anita Klecker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:23:37 -0700
Do any hospital libraries allow consumer health materials to circulate to
individuals not affiliated with their organization?  If so, I would very
much appreciate hearing from you regarding policies, procedures, advantages
and/or disadvantages of permitting the public (including patients and their
families) to borrow materials.  Since so many people from the public ask if
they may borrow books I thought I'd check with all of you before I consider
this option any further.  I'm planning to create a separate consumer health
information area or to simply color-code consumer publications within the
current library collection (this has not yet been decided!).

Anita

Anita Klecker, AHIP
Hlth Sci Librn/CME Coord
Torrance Memorial Medical Center