MEDLIB-L Archives

December 2022, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Rob Penfold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Penfold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2022 00:18:29 +0000
Sciwheel could be worth looking at also

Has a free tier, cloud based, browser extension for easily capturing citations and useful PDF annotations

https://sciwheel.com/
Sciwheel: Discover | Organize | Collaborate - Reference and citation management software<https://sciwheel.com/>
I'm using Sciwheel to manage references and easily cite as I write.
sciwheel.com

Not a free one but Paperpile is interesting to explore as so easy to use (I find) - you can try it free for a month

https://paperpile.com/
[https://paperpile.com/img/paperpile.png?v=65]<https://paperpile.com/>
Paperpile: Modern reference and PDF management - Paperpile<https://paperpile.com/>
Paperpile authenticates securely with your Google Account. Our servers never access your password or store it anywhere.. It also connects to your Google Drive, but cannot access your personal data  only files you upload via Paperpile.
paperpile.com

Regards, Rob

Dear colleagues,

Do any of you have a recommendation for the best no-cost software to use for keeping track of papers for medical student/resident research projects?

We are not part of a university, so we don't have any campus-wide subscriptions.

I'd be interested to know whether your IT departments block any of them and, if folks are using the free/basic versions, how they get around the storage limits.

(I am familiar with the 2018 JMLA article on this topic and am looking at papers which have cited that one. Just looking for some more informal feedback on the topic.)

Thanks & Happy Friday!

Laura Dixon, BA, MLS
Medical Librarian
Mohawk Valley Health System

Email is the best way to reach me, since I work in three different locations.

Academic Year Schedule
St. Elizabeth College of Nursing Monday & Thursday
Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare Tuesday & Friday
St. Elizabeth Medical Center Wednesday

SECON Library: (315) 801-8209
FSLH Library: (315) 624-6059
SEMC Library: (315) 801-8381

Please note that any material (journal articles, book chapters) attached to this message may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S. Code) and the recipient is responsible for the appropriate use of said material.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank You!